Sunday, June 30, 2013

Trust Him

Proverbs 30:5- Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him
I know Gods Word is pure for I read in the Psalms these words
 Psalms 12:6- The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times
Psalms 119:140- Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it
But I never noticed the next word after "pure" the personal pronoun "he." That word tells me that the Word of God is more than words printed on the pages of my Bible
John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
John 1:13- Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God
A shield is used for protection but that shield becomes useless if it is never trusted. What would you think of a warrior fighting in a battle for his life yet his shield is not in the battle with him? He left his shield back at camp or at home; would you think he had trust in his shield? I think not. As the arrows and spears came his way he would have no protection from them, his chances of being wounded in the battle just increased and also did his chances of death on the battle field. What was the problem? It was a trust problem, the solider didn't trust in his shield.
The very first time I read the word "shield"  in my Bible it is in reference to God
Genesis 15:1- After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram:I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward
Also the second time
Deuteronomy 33:29- Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency
and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places
Not only is the Word of God my Protection it's also become my reward and it also brings happiness into my life.
Great is The Lord my shield and greatly to be praised. Seems like I've heard that before
Psalms 48:1- Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness

As I leave to go into the battle field this morning I must ask myself who and what have I placed my in trust in?

No comments:

Post a Comment