Tuesday, September 26, 2023

I Know

What have you seen? A young man or woman getting off drugs and Drink? A marriage put back together? One whom you thought was a Loser now a winner? Miracles of life and too many times we just say that’s nice and we never really understand what made the difference. Is this not what is happening here in these disciples' lives? 

Mark 6:52 (KJV) For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for their heart was hardened. These Disciples didn't understand what had happened with the loaves of bread and the fish. Could it be that their minds were closed. What did they learn from it? Not a thing it appears. What did you say when you witnessed lives being put back together around you? Did you look at it blindly, hard-hearted? Did you say it was good for them but my problems are much deeper than theirs were? Do you think within yourself this Jesus stuff is for the weak at heart. The Bible? Yeah it’s for the weak minded! Why, I have a college degree for crying out loud. It’s not more money or a younger mate, or anything else in this world you could possibly think of. Well what is it then? Ask the one who has a smile back on their face, his or her friend list is enlarging, their broken marriage, mended, they are even holding hands and kissing each other again. What made the difference? I know because all of what I just wrote happened to me personally. No I’m not weak minded nor weaker hearted, nor is it my college degree. No, it’s not even my Church affiliation or attendance, it's Jesus that has worked those miracles in my life. Married to the same woman, yes my first wife for 53 years and love her more than words can express. Clean from alcohol and drugs for over 50 years. I could go on and on with how I was ruining my life but that’s not necessary because when I saw I was a sinner; that was a no brainer! Jesus was willing to forgive me. I asked Him to forgive me and He did that very moment. I didn’t look a bit different on the outside, I still smelled like cigarettes, I still had booze at the house and drugs in my possession and cuss words in my heart as well as wrong thinking in my mind. But now I had Jesus in my heart and I knew it. He gave me a New Life turning my eyes away from worthless things. Giving me a New Life in Christ Jesus. 1 John 5:12 (KJV) He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. When you have something you know it and you don’t need a college degree. I don’t think, I know! I don’t hope, I know! I’m not guessing, I know! I’ve seen the miracles not just in others I have experienced the miracles in my life. No court, no jail, no booze, no drug,  no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, How? Jesus! I know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment