Friday, May 3, 2024

Lost and Found

Hebrews 3:9 (KJV) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

In the Past “your fathers” looking backward I must remember that experience is not the best teacher. Other people’s experience is the best teacher. By reading about the lives of these great people in the Bible God will show me the secrets that made them great. “When your fathers tempted me” Wow this is something to read. Here we read of a group of many and they tested God. Oh my, then we are told “proved me” tested and proved. Was God brought to the point of distrust? Ingratitude? This group of people, God’s people, saw God’s works for 40 years

Deuteronomy 29:2 (KJV) And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land;

Deuteronomy 29:3 (KJV) The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles: You not only saw it you experienced it first hand. Hebrews 3:10 (KJV) Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. Many do the same today. God saves them from an awful life of sin and like these Israelites did after seeing what God did with the Egyptian; burying them in the Red Sea. They stand and praise God for all His goodness and then in a short time show ingratitude toward God the one that delivered them. Hebrews 3:10 (KJV) Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. Their actions grieved God just like it must do today when we act the same way. Why the grieving? Maybe the same reason “They do alway err in their heart;” The problem was a heart problem and the reason why “they have not known my ways.” God is not a Jenny in a bottle we pull out when things are going bad. No, that’s not God's way at all. Ask someone if they were to die today would they go to heaven? They would more than likely say yes! Ask them why they can say that and the answers vary. Most of the time the answer includes how good they have been. Very few know why they are going to heaven when they die. First thing one must know  

Luke 19:10 (KJV) For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Never will anyone be found until they know they are lost. Think about the time you might have gotten lost in the department store when you were a child. Maybe lost in the woods while hunting. That happened to my son-n-law and the forest rangers had to go find him. Those are times you don’t forget. So the question is did you know when you were found? Sure you did! Same is true when the Lord found you 1 John 5:13 (KJV) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I didn’t get found in that department store because of my goodness. I was found because my mother loved me and went and found me. My son-n-law didn’t get found that night because he was good. NO he was found because others loved him and sent others to find him. Neither did God find you because you were good. Oh no, God found you because you were lost and He loved you greatly. Today you still remember that day God found you. Don’t test, prove nor be ungrateful toward Him instead learn His ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment