Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Tomorrow ๐Ÿค” Never Comes

 Wow the Lord just let me see another Bible Nugget. This reminds me of  Proverbs 2:4 (KJV) If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 

Proverbs 2:5 (KJV) Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

I like that word find, because if you are not looking you will never find. I was just reading along at normal speed as I do every morning and I read this  

Hebrews 3:15 (KJV) While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

I thought to myself didn’t I just read those words? Yes I did Hebrews 3:7 (KJV) Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Hebrews 3:8 (KJV)  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, 

Then again we read in Hebrews 4:7 (KJV) Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Three times in the book of Hebrews we read the same words. If our Lord says something three times I think we should take notice. To day, Hear, Harden not. Has anyone ever said to you “ how many times have I said that? How many times do I have to say that?” Why is to day so important? Because regardless of what we heard in the movie “Gone With The Wind” “After all, tomorrow is another day!” Tomorrow never comes as my grandmother told me many years ago. I just couldn’t understand that. I said no grandmother tomorrow, to which she said no! why? I asked? She said this to me “for when tomorrow comes it will be today! 

Proverbs 27:1 (KJV) Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. The Lord reminded me of  Matthew 6:11 (KJV) Give us this day our daily bread. Give today! Plan yes but live in today for you nor I know what will happen in the future and that is what tomorrow is. As a friend of mine said one day “you may tie your shoes this morning but tonight the undertaker may untie them for you.”  Shouldn’t I plan for the future? Yes but you plan for the future today. Let me explain: when I was 34 my dad told me to put $2000 a year into an IRรƒ and when you are old enough to retire you’ll have enough. Great advice! Only problem with that is I didn’t do that. You can’t think about retirement 5 years before you retire. Neither can you think about heaven if you at one time or another hear God’s voice to day. To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. Have  you ever had a, today moment?

Hebrews 13:8 (KJV) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment