Many saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why?
Accepting without ever asking questions could cause one to accept without ever knowing the why.
Life is good and I'm still excited when I get up each morning. I love the morning. It's a great time to spend with the Lord. No one else in the house gets up when I do, like my dad also said “you are burning daylight son.” That means you are wasting the day. Most of the time I’m waiting for daylight. In my life I haven’t traveled a lot except when I was in the military finding myself in the air flying somewhere I didn’t want to go. There are places I wanted to go like the Grand Canyon which I did. Now I was reading my Bible which got me to think about life and places. It was in John chapter 3 and a man named Nicodemus. He asked Jesus using the phrase “how can” two times. In verse 4 Nicodemus said
John 3:4 (KJV) Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Great question Nic. What if you and I could start over knowing what we know now, a whole new life. I’m interested in what Jesus told him. John 3:5 (KJV) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 (KJV) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
That which is flesh is flesh so that tells me that this flesh will never have its youth back. Tell me about this Spirit, is this something spookie like I might see on some sci fi program? Oh no it's not spookie but it is the real deal. We will have to go all the way back to the beginning, the book of Genesis. Here is the short form. God tells Adam not to eat the fruit of one tree but everything else it’s ok, eat as much as you want. If you do eat from the tree I told you not to, you will die! Die? What is die? Well you know the story I’m sure if not go read the first 3 chapters in the book of Genesis. Well Adam and his help meet both took and had a bit under the leadership of the devil disguised as a serpent. When they did something happened the Bible reads
Genesis 3:7 (KJV) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
What happened? Genesis 2:17 (KJV) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Did you notice when they would die? “in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” Not 70 years later but that day, dead! But wait they didn’t drop dead that day so what died? Great question. You and I are just like Nicodemus. We were born into this world condemned, because that which we need to have fellowship with our Heavenly Father is dead.
John 4:24 (KJV) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Just like Nicodemus, we need to have our spirit reborn within us so we can truly worship God.
No comments:
Post a Comment