Thursday, April 23, 2009

Feeding the Wolf


I read a story of a granddad as he was trying to teach his grandson about life. He said "a fight is going on inside me." It's a terrible fight and it's between two wolves. One is evil, he is anger, he is envy, he is self-pity, he is lies, and he is ego. The other wolf is good; he is joy, peace, love, hope, kind, generous, truthful, compassionate and faithful. His grandson asked which wolf will win granddad. He answered the one I feed." I am afraid we all have the same fight going on. We may not look at them as wolves but none the less the fight is there. Sometimes we call it biting our tongue or we might say I felt like hitting them in the jaw. We struggle with our behavior at times. I have had to go and say I am sorry for what I said more than once. I shouldn't have acted like that; can you find it in your heart to forgive me! You see I really want to be kind, loving, generous, truthful, sincere, as well as faithful but I am not always that person I so desire to be. The reason why I am not is found in the Bible;
Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Did you see it? I yield myself to the wrong wolf and I become the servant to the wrong things. The same is true if I yield myself to that which is good, the other wolf. So why don't I yield myself to the right wolf? Could it be my attitude? We all like to think we are right and that our idea was the best, my performance was better than anyone else's the judges just didn't know real talent when they saw it. Too many times we are like the man who angrily jumped out of his car after a collision with another car. "Why don't you people watch where you're driving? You are the fourth car I have hit today." It's always someone else's fault not mine or ours is it?
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
We will receive according to what each of us has done on our own. We will not be able to blame anyone for our bad behavior; we will have to take full responsibility for our actions.
Today, feed the good wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment