Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good Day

You have said it and you have heard it;"Having a Good Day." Did you say how you really felt or did you really hear what was said? We all have good days as well as days that aren't so good. As I tell those I meet with in Reformers Unanimous we just need to refocus. So the next time you are asked "How's your Day" respond by saying "Any day I'm Vertical is a good day." Just because I say it is good doesn't make it so. Thinking like that will make every day a bad day. Are you thankful? You say you just don't understand I've got grass that needs cutting, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing. So what you are telling me is that you have a HOME! Then I go to the laundry room and there is a pile of clothes to be washed and then the ironing. Soooo you are saying you have loved ones nearby! What's not good about having a home and loved ones nearby? Gratefulness is the key to a happy life not more things because we will always want to have more things. Here is a short list of the things I am grateful for.

  1. A Home to come to when my day is done.
  2. A wife that has loved me for almost 40 years.
  3. Children that God has given us.
  4. Grand Children that sat in my lap and thought I was the greatest man alive.
  5. Friends to spend time with and laugh out loud with.
  6. A car to drive because it sure beats walking.
  7. A Sunday School class to teach with people who really listen.
  8. Smiling faces I meet during the day.
  9. Those that God sent my way that are discouraged that I may give them words of encouragement.
  10. A Church that is filled with friendly and loving people.
  11. Thankful for that fire that burns inside that wants to know God.
  12. Today I will have an appointment with someone God will send my way. I don't know when or what time or even what it will be about. But God in His all knowing mind knows just who, where and when. The greatest thing about it is, out of all the people in this world God will chose me because He knows me.

Good Day or Bad Day? You yourself will make it one or the other which will you chose? I chose "good day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment