Thursday, February 4, 2010

Doomed

One morning a few years ago as I went outside I noticed it had rained during the night. I thanked God for the rain for we greatly needed it at that time. But while I was outside I heard an airplane, but as I looked up I could not see it. All I saw were low laying clouds. Then this thought came to my mind. That pilot who is at the controls flying that plane can't see either. Was he just up there flying not knowing where he was going? Hoping that he would soon see something that he recognized so he could get his bearings? No, for he was doing such a good job at flying, and would without doubt arrive safely at his destination, if he only obeyed and trusted his controls. Then I thought there are a lot of things I do and can't understand about this life which I am now living. I can't always see or know how things are going to work out. But I do know this, that if I will trust in the Lord I will arrive safe also. You see that pilot doesn't have to understand how the controls work, all he has to do is trust in them. That pilot doesn't have to see the ground to know where he is, the controls will tell him; all he has to do is put his trust in them. So it is with those who have put their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, we don't have to understand just trust. That is what we are told to do in Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
His name was Noah; you may have read about him if not I am sure you have heard about him. He may have been the first ship builder ever I don't know. There is one thing I know this man named Noah was no ship builder but God called him to build a huge ship. His job wasn't to know how just trust in God and follow God's directions which he did and while everyone else was drowning he and his family floated to safety; the only difference was the small five letter word trust. Noah trusted in God and everyone else trusted in their ability. Looking back who made the best choice? Trust in the Lord for He is the controls and don't lean unto my own understanding. In everything I do make acknowledgement of the Lord and the Lord will guide my steps. If that pilot starts going on his feelings the plane is doomed and so is he and all that are with him. If that pilot starts telling himself this can't be the way and takes his mind and eyes off the controls, he will never make it. He can't make it on his own, he needs the controls. Maybe that is why David said long ago to "hide God's Word in our hearts." If I listen to another or depend upon myself I am doomed. Many come to the Reformers Unanimous program hoping that someone will say or do something that will change the way they are thinking and that will change their life forever. That's not going to happen. It will happen, if you listen and allow the Lord to take control of your life, and you start listening to Him, and let the Lord be the control panel of your life, and then you will arrive safely. If not you will without doubt crash; make a real change in your life trust in the Lord. Don't understand how! That's alright neither did I until someone showed me. I have seen many crash and burn but I have seen many get the help they needed by getting out of the driver's seat and put their trust in the Lord Jesus to take control of their lives and I have watched those same people walk away from their addictions. I have only one thing to say about that; what they couldn't do no matter how hard they wanted too or how hard they tried nothing happened until God took over. Is that the way it happened in your life? One day when you look back will you be a Noah or one of those who was floating face down?

No comments:

Post a Comment