Monday, March 22, 2010

Give Us

As I said on Friday I want to talk about "give us" without the please. My Mom and Dad drilled into my little mind always say "Please" but here we are to ask our Heavenly Father to Give Us without the please. How could this be? Up to this point you and I have been preoccupied with His wonder not our needs. Our prayer has been God-centered and not self-centered Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Proper prayer follows a path way of revealing God to us before revealing our needs to God. Prayer is not to change God, but to change you and I. By the time we get here in our prayer we have been Comforted; He's our Father. The next three petitions compass all our concerns of our life. "This day our daily bread "Addresses the present. "Forgive us our debts "Addresses the past. "Lead us not into temptation "Speaks of the future. Our need for bread would this not mean all of a person's physical needs? Are we not here to ask for the necessities of life? Merrian Webster says Necessities means "the quality or state of being necessary" {absolutely needed: required } the very first thing you and I need, to have eternal life would be forgiveness of sin; Jesus. That is required, (necessary) if we are to go to heaven. I know this is a family member asking their Father; just thought I would put in a plug, just in case someone was reading whose real need was our Heavenly Father. But the things necessary for the preservation of this life which includes; but not limited to {though I would say that just in case someone was reading this who had any questions about if it included ……whatever} food, healthy body, house, home, wife, children and oh yes grandchildren. Our Heavenly Father may also give us luxuries of life, but He certainly will grant the necessities.

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Matthew 6:26
Behold the fowls of the air...your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Matthew 6:30
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field...shall
he not much more
clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Matthew 6:31
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew6:34
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day
is the evil thereof.

Psalms 37:3
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

Psalms 37:4
Delight
(a high degree of gratification: joy; also: extreme satisfaction something that gives great pleasure) thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

You say but we have more food than we could possible eat; doesn't matter we are to still ask God to provide. It's like the young man who wanted to go to college and goes to his father and says dad I would love to go to college but I don't have any money. The father looks his son in his eyes and smiles and says don't worry my child the day you were born I began saving for this day. So we make a request only to find our Heavenly Father has already provided. Give us this day bread suited to our needs. It is God who gives us our daily menu. Some days He may put nothing on our plates but vegetables, they are healthy but dull. Some days He may put fruit better and we enjoy. Some days He may put apple pie with ice cream little nutrition but it does a lot for our attitude.

Proverbs 30:8
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: (Feed me only the food I need)

Proverbs 30:9
Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
Don't worry our Heavenly Father knows what we have need of.

No comments:

Post a Comment