Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pay Day

It's Friday or maybe the fifteenth of the month or whatever day you get paid and off to the bank you and I go to make a deposit; you may not put all the check in but whatever you decide you are committed. Now you are not only committed but don't you want the same commitment from your bank? Sure you do and the plan is very simple you just want your bank to be only committed to what you have put in no more and no less. The Apostle Paul writes of a deposit which he had made with God 2Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed
(I trust), and am persuaded(I'm convinced) that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. Paul was saying that he knew in whom he had placed his trust for eternity and he was convinced that the same Lord who had saved him was more than able to keep his soul and life. That word commit, what does it really mean Merriam Webster says it means to put into charge or trust Paul says I'm putting you, Lord, in charge for I trust in you and know you will do what is right. So what have we committed unto the Lord Jesus? The day Paul asked Jesus Christ to come into his heart the Lord did and put within Paul's heart the Holy Ghost 2Timothy 1:14
That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
Not only has Paul deposited his trust and confidence in the Lord the Lord had deposited something in Paul (the Holy Ghost). So the same has happened to you and I; we to have a life to live, a witness to bear, time and talents and money. So how much have we committed to Him? Our soul or our lives in everything we do. That is something to think on in this busy world you and I live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment