Friday, May 7, 2010

$100


Remember on Tuesday of this week I wrote about Bob and how that when he was a child a social worker had him look into her eyes and said "Bobby, I want you to always remember these words "You Are Worthwhile!" Then there was his boss her name was Margaret, who told him that "I have been observing you and I believe YOU ARE FULL OF PROMISE." Those two positive messages of appreciation played over and over again in his mind and gave him the courage to be the very best he could be. As we come to the close of another week I want to revisit the thought of you and I being full of promise and worthwhile. Let me start by asking you a question let's say I have a $100 bill, a nice new one without so much as a wrinkle or stain on it. Now I take that $100 bill and crumple and crush it into a little wad. Then I take it throw on to the floor and stomp it with my big shoes. Man does this $100 bill look bad! It has been abused, mistreated, taken advantage of, mishandled, trampled on and crushed; do you still want it? I can't answer for you but my answer would be yes, I'll take it and the reason being it is still worth $100 bucks! Do you feel like you've been beat up, mishandled, mistreated, crushed, and even trampled on? If you ever begin to feel or think you're worthless and you start making choices based on that you'll throw yourself away, start settling for junk in your life and doing anything for a little love. But wait a minute you are just like that $100 bill no matter how you've been treated, you are still just as valuable because no one on earth gave you your worth, God did and no one on earth can take it away from you. Let me show you

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
The Bible says, "God created man in His own image." So don't even start telling me you're not worth much! Then we read in

Psalms 139:13
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
When you believe you're not worth much, you are insulting the One who designed you; God! If you have any doubts, how do you explain your fingerprints? No one on the face of God's great planet has your prints because you and I were wonderfully made. Which means God took time to make us all different and not any of His creations are alike. Lastly we read from God's word

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Paul said that he was crucified with Christ. That means that he is dead but then he goes on and says that he is alive. How can one be dead and yet alive? I see; it is not Paul living its Christ living in him, how? It is all by Faith. If we were to go to Jerusalem there behind a bus station is a hill that looks just like a skull. When I was there I saw it and on that hill is where the Son of God thought you and I were so precious that He poured out His life for you and I for every wrong thing we have ever done. Because that is the only way we could ever be forgiven for our sins and have a relationship with Jesus Christ. So the Apostle Paul said I'm dead yet I'm alive because of what Jesus Christ did for me and I have put my trust in Him by Faith. Paul says in


2Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Paul had put all his trust and confidence in Jesus Christ because of what He had done for him. God thought enough about you and I that He didn't consider us worthless. He looked beyond our faults and saw our worth no matter how crushed we were. We are like that $100 bill still worth its wealth. Now remember you are worth a lot; enough for one to die for to make you free.

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Have a good weekend make sure you're in Church this Sunday. It's going to be good you just wait and see. And whatever you do don't forget your Mother this Sunday for without her you just wouldn't be here. See you Monday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment