Friday, May 21, 2010

25 Words

Love, is that not what we all want? Someone to love us! Young ladies give their bodies because someone says they love them. I talked with a man in his fifties who had just come out of what he called the "life style." I asked him this question how did you ever get into that kind of life style? He told me that my dad loves me I am sure; but he never told me. He provided for me and gave me anything that he thought I might want. He mistook money for love; I just wanted him to spend some time with me and just tell me he loved me and show me some attention, he never did. At age 17 a man did, I thought he really loved me. One day he did something to me that stunned me, but instead of losing his love and attention I let him. After a while I tried to kill the pain with cocaine, then the news came that I had aids. What I gave away for cheap love now is paying off in dividends I didn't what; a $300 a day cocaine habit and aids. For time and space this man overcame the cocaine, left the life style he was involved in and God delivered him from aids. As I thought on this man and what God had done in his life I was reminded of John 3:16 which reads

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Twenty-five words that tell us about love; we are told that God so loved you and I that he gave us something that was very valuable, His Son; His only sinless Son , Jesus. When you open your heart to Jesus, you're opening your heart to the greatest love in the world. When your heart remains closed to Him, you're turning your back on the greatest love in the world. We have heard those words all our lives God's only Son but do we understand what they mean? The words love, only Son, perish, everlasting life what do they really mean? Let me explain by way of a story that grabbed my heart.
Some years ago a noted photographer decided to make a photo journal of people that he photographed visiting the Vietnam Wall in Washington, D. C. One morning he got there very early and he noticed this little memorial that hadn't been there the day before. It displayed a picture of a soldier, a picture of Jesus, a service medal, and a simple, three-word inscription. As he knelt to snap a picture of it, he felt a hand on his shoulder and he heard this elderly man saying, "Do you like it?" He explained that's why he was photographing it. The old man said, "I'm glad. I put it there." Suddenly, that three-word inscription took on deep meaning for that photographer. It simply said "Only one Son." Now do you get it God had only one Son and He allowed Him to be beaten almost to the point of death, spit on, made fun of and for what reason? Now as a dad what would I have done; what would you have done? God the Father knew it was the only way you could have every wrong thing you have ever done forgiven by God. Sin has to be paid for with a death penalty. God's love for you is so great that He sacrificed the only One who could die in your place His sinless Son, Jesus.
What do you think of what He did for you? Your eternity hinges on your answer.
I can't think of a greater tragedy, a greater mistake for you to make, than for you to miss what Jesus gave His life for. For you to have to end up paying the eternal price that Jesus already paid for you. It's Friday but Sunday is coming and I hope you will be in your place of worship this Sunday. Between now and then ask yourself, if for some reason death comes and takes me away will I perish or will I have everlasting life? Eternity hinges on your answer.

I'll write some more on Monday unless death catches me and then I hope to see you in Heaven for I am not guessing at that


1John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

No comments:

Post a Comment