Tuesday, May 25, 2010

65 Days

Yesterday I got a message from Face Book that most FB users never get. It simply said that I had not sent a message in 65 days and that the FB message center was shut off if I wanted it turned back on send a message. I did and they turned it back on and then sent me a message saying I could send messages and I replied by typing ok. I have never gotten so many responses in my life; people were asking me ok, what? One said amen I never would have dreamed that two little letters would get so big of a response. As I was thinking about that message I received from FB letting me know I wasn't using it; (which tells me FB was keeping up with my activity) I got to thinking about our Bible reading. Sometimes we get so busy or are just so lazy that we forget or quit reading our Bibles but we get no message saying "it has been ___ days since you have read any scripture". We get discouraged in our walk with the Lord, someone says something to hurt our feelings or we just misunderstand something someone has said and instead of getting it straightened out we puff up. We are told to love one another John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:12
This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.
There are nine more verses that tell us to love one another. I know that is hard sometimes but we should love one another because of our family relationships. I have two brothers and one is 2 years younger than I and the other is 7 years younger. Now my brother that was 2 years younger and I would sometimes fight and get mad at each other and say things we really didn't mean. Then in a short time we were back playing and loving one another again. We would soon forget what we were fighting over; you know I can't today even remember one of those fights, harsh words or anything and the reason being we were brothers and we forgave each other. Now shouldn't we as Christians do the same?

1Corinthians 13:4
Charity
(love) suffereth long, and is kind; charity(love)envieth not; charity(love)vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Are you holding a grudge? Are you losing sleep at night and refusing to forgive? That's not love but you might say "You don't know what they have done". Right I don't but I do read what they did to Jesus Christ and He said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Let us learn from the Master of forgiveness for we have never been treated like Him. You'll sleep better at night I assure you. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment