Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Excited

My family and I were on vacation in Arizona and I was excited; boy was I excited. Way back when I was around 12 years old there were two things I wanted to see before I left this world. One was Halley's Comet, it only comes every 76 years and the year was 1962 and it would not come until 1986. Would I still be here to see it? I sure was! The other was the Grand Canyon and I was able to see that too. We had driven around 80 miles to see that wonderful hole in the earth. We stayed there and watched the sunset and it was a beautiful sight to behold. With an excited voice I said "let's return and watch the sun rise in the morning"? I was the only one excited about that; no one was willing to leave their comfortable bed early in the morning to drive 80 miles to see the sun rise. My oldest son; and the best one on the trip at that time, said he would come with me if I wanted to see the sun rise. After giving it more thought I decided not to show for this spectacular viewing of the sun rise. That's what I want to write about today is excitement. When my eyes open in the morning I jump out of bed with the excitement of a brand new day. I tell myself that this is the day the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it. What an opportunity this is, another day of life. I want to be excited about it for one day I will not be able to jump up, so while I can I am going to do it with all the excitement I can. There are many that only get excited about going on vacations, cruises, mountain trips and such as that. I get excited about that too! But let's get real, put all of that together and it only adds up to a few weeks at most. What about the rest of the year? I'm excited because my heart is still beating. I am excited because my lungs can still hold air. I am excited because with my glasses I can still see. I am excited because my health is still great. I am excited because I have a wonderful wife. I am excited because I have a family that loves me; even if they wouldn't get up to go see the sun rise. I am excited because I have friends that enjoy my company. I am excited about hearing one of my friends on the radio this morning.  I am excited because I have somewhere to go this morning. I am excited because 14 years ago I started a business and because of that decision I have a job today. This is a new day, get excited for tomorrow you might not be here! Enjoy the day and the people you come in contact with. I love what David said when they wanted to kill him. David was distressed, but not for long he couldn't stay that way so this is what he did

1Samuel 30:6
And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. He did not run nor did he feel sorry for himself neither did he get depressed, discouraged or disillusioned. He got encouraged or may I say he got excited. What's wrong today? Are you distressed, discouraged maybe even disillusioned about something you may or may not have control over? My advice to you is look at it differently and encourage yourself in the Lord your God. I don't care what happens to you today or for that matter the week encourage yourself because if you don't you may not get excited unless you are going on vacation. Did I tell you I am excited about today and can't wait to get started; I'm so excited I was up before the sun. GOOD MORNING WORLD HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment