Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Face to Face

We live in the day of wonderful communications we can email someone and they can read it instantly. We have cell phones and we can call those we know in another state without the long distance charge. I remember when I had only 8 months left in the military; my Dad would call and he would say we have 3 minutes so talk. I am glad those days are gone. I am afraid we are becoming a recluse people. Let me explain there are two people riding in a car and no one is speaking a word but they are both texting to other people somewhere else. Doesn't make much since to me; I think texting is a wonderful thing but "Hello" there are real people all around you that need a kind word from you. The personal touch in communication is being lost.

E-cards replace birthday cards, voicemail messages replace live conversation, abbreviations replace words, and our souls are quietly hungering for intimacy lost and a touch of humanity through person-to-person communication. Reach out and touch somebody let them hear your voice and see your face and make this world a better place if you can.

Proverbs 12:25
Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Go the extra mile, speak and talk to someone face to face. It will do the other person's soul good just as it will your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment