Friday, August 6, 2010

The Field

Picture a field ready to farm or plant seeds, the field doesn't care what is planted in it for it will produce whatever is planted. Let's say the farmer doesn't take the time to plant anything, what do you think will happen to the field? Abundance of useless weeds will come up and produce seeds that will fall therein, and will continue to produce their kind. Weeds! The farmer cultivates his field keeping it free from the weeds that would choke and strangle the good crop. That takes work by the farmers. If I were to think of my mind as a field; and it is in one since and we need to tend to it as such. We should watch out for the weeds that try to slip in. Watch out for useless and impure thoughts that will rob us of the good thoughts that will produce good fruit. Watch out for negative thinking for that will rob you of joyful thinking. I heard a man say just the other day that he was asked this question "what kind a person do you think you are"? His answer "I think I am pretty incredible". I said that is pretty arrogant don't you think. No, he said the Bible didn't say I shouldn't think highly of myself it said I should not think more highly than he ought.

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Too many say things about themselves that aren't true; like I'm worthless or good for nothing and much more. Keep talking like that and you are allowing the weeds to grow and weeds have seeds and seeds come up and produce more weeds. What I think of myself is important to me and my future.

Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: What we think is important. If I keep telling myself that I can't then that is what the mind tells my body the results are failure. If I allow my mind to receive the weed on negative thinking it will only produce wrong thinking about myself and others. What do you think about yourself? Just remember for as you think in your heart you become. Have a great weekend and don't miss out on what is going to happen at your Church this Sunday. Our Great Lord and Savior has something planned just for you; don't miss out. See you Monday!


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much...what a wonderful way to point out what 'stinkin thinkin' will and can do! Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, if there be any praise: THINK ON THESE THINGS!! Phil.4:8
    May you have a great weekend also! Thank you so much for your time sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete