Thursday, October 14, 2010

Choice

God has given every person born the gift of choice. The very first man Adam God gave the power to make a choice and whatever choice was made by Adam God honored it.
Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Whatever Adam chose to name the beast and the fowl that was the name of it and God gave Adam the power to make that choice. God gave Adam the power of choice but Adam also had to live with the choices he made and God also lived with his choices. I have made good choices not knowing at the time the choice I was making would be good. I made a choice to marry a young lady without asking anyone’s advice or direction on the matter; I can say after almost 41 years that was a great choice on my part. I have made choices knowing when I was making them that they were bad ones. Like the time I stole from a grocery store I knew it was a wrong choice when I made it and if I hadn’t the police officer pointed that out to me as he called my parents. The choices we make are those we will have to live with. I have the choice to read a Gospel tract, I also have the choice to crumple it up or ignore what I have read. I have the choice to hear a salvation message, I also can make the choice not to. Life is filled with choices and I must remember that the choices I make today I will have to live with tomorrow. God has also made some choices and one of those choices is that He chose to love mankind with an everlasting love. He expressed that in His only Son Jesus Christ as He came and died for the sins of mankind. God has given us a choice to except what He has done for each of us in the form of a gift.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Wrong sinful choices have a price tag and the price tag is death; but God is willing and wanting to give us a gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. Now think for a minute how do we get any gift whether it is a birthday, Christmas or anniversary gift? Someone who loves us goes and buys it, wraps it and then presents it to us. Now what do we do in order to have it? Just one simple act, reach out and take it. So it is with the gift of salvation Jesus paid the price; DEATH on a cruel cross. All you and I have to do is reach out and except what He has already done on our behalf. The choice is ours we can make the choice to except or we can make the choice to reject whichever one we make God will honor. Which do you think would be the best choice? Remember we are talking about eternity and the power of a choice. I don’t know if you have or will make the choice I made; I believe it was the best choice, I chose Jesus!
1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
He has left the choice up to each of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment