Monday, August 1, 2011

There's More


Have you ever stopped to think who you have really impacted? On yesterday afternoon I asked myself that question who have I really impacted in my life as a Christian. I’m not talking about someone knowing who I am or my name; no, I’m talking about impacting their live for eternity. The word impact means to have a direct effect or impact on. Have I affected any one’s life? You see one song can spark a moment, one flower can wake the dream, one tree can start a forest, one hand shake can start a friendship, one vote can change a nation, one sunbeam lights a room, one candle wipes out darkness, one laugh can overcome gloom,  one step must start each journey, one word must start each prayer, one hope will raise our spirits, one touch can show you care, one voice can speak with wisdom, one heart can know what’s true, one life can make a difference,  and that one life  can be yours or mine.  King David said in
Psalms 37:3  Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Did you see it? There is more “Trust in the LORD,” yes, but then we are told “and do good;” I heard a story that will help us here. A Young lady said that her dad sexual abused her when she was young. After she was married God told her to provide a house for her daddy, furniture for her daddy and a car for her daddy. For three years after her daddy was rude to her one day he called and said he wanted to see her. When she arrived he asked her if she would please forgive him and then he asked her if she had forgiven him would she show him how God would forgive him and on that day she lead her dad to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Then the young lady said three years ago I thought I was purchasing a car, a home and furniture but I was purchasing a soul. Paul put it this way:
 Philippians 3:13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 
Philippians 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. If we say we forgive have we, did we? Love keeps no record, love doesn’t keep score, love doesn’t keep bringing it up. Joseph's brothers did him wrong and one day Joseph had the room emptied and told his brothers that he forgave them. If we are still talking about how we were wronged and still telling others about it that’s a good indication that we haven’t forgiven. If you drive a car it’s alright to look in the rear view mirror but if you keep looking in the rear view mirror you are going to crash. Many still have an unforgiving spirit about something someone did to them 15, 20, 30 years ago; you haven’t forgotten it and you haven’t forgiven them and it is not doing you any good.  Let’s take time this week and Trust in the Lord and Do Good. You may be just one person in this entire world but you may be one person’s entire world. Make today count for Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment