Tuesday, May 1, 2012

When


 We hear this word all the time “when.” It’s a simple word that means “at what time.” I have said that word many time as I would say to a friend “when are you coming” I have said it to my children “when will you be home.” All I wanted to know was at what time you will be coming by or at what time can your mother and I expect you to be home. That word also has changed many lives; I weighted 280 lbs but when I changed my diet I lost down to 225 lbs. My life was a wreck and it seemed all was lost but when I walked into that Church I was introduced to the Lord Jesus Christ. When I asked Him to forgive me of my sins my life changed for eternity. On yesterday as we were learning some things about what was going on with Israel; how they did evil and their evil leads them into 7-years of loss. They would plant, work the fields and when harvest time would come here comes their enemy and takes away what they had worked so hard for. Now what amazes me is they let this go on for 7 long years and year after year they came up short after working so hard. This reminds me of someone with an addiction. hey work so hard at finding a job they finally go to work start getting a pay check and then decide to go use the money they had worked so hard for you indulge in their addiction. Because of that they lose their job and they like the Israelites keep doing the same thing over and over again. Need to write this phrase down somewhere so that you can remember it; “If you keep doing the same things you have been doing, you’re going to keep getting the same results.” Now think for a moment, why would anything change? Keep painting the picture black and it will never be white for if you want it white you’re going to have to use white paint. In other words change what you have been doing. This is just what the Israelites did.
Judges 6:7  And it came to pass, when( at what time)the children of Israel cried unto the LORD because of the Midianites, When the children of Israel cried or prayed unto the Lord things started to change. When we allow addictions to rule our lives we lose everything but when we realize that the problem is not with our addiction but with us then we, like the children of Israel can and should cry unto the Lord for help. At what time one does that they will be surprised whom God will send their way to help them. But nothing happens until the when!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment