Monday, October 29, 2012

First Camouflage


Camouflage is a set of methods of concealment that allows otherwise visible animals, military vehicles, or other objects to remain unnoticed by blending with their environment or by resembling something else. Hunters use camouflage clothing as they hunt, we use camouflage clothing in the military. God created and put camouflage on animals so they could hide from their predator, but that camouflage also works for them to catch their prey. Did you know that was the first clothing that man made for himself?
Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Genesis 3: 8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Adam and Eve ran out and camouflaged themselves amongst leaves in the garden, and you know what? They thought they were camouflage extremely well for they heard God say "Where [art] thou?"
Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where [art] thou?
Unfortunately their camouflage didn't work out for them; you can't camouflage yourself from God.
Genesis 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I [was] naked; and I hid myself.
Do we not do the same things? As one lady told me and my wife she had church friends and worldly friends. What does that mean? Does it mean that she was like a chameleon lizard camouflaging herself in with her surroundings? I'm not sure for I didn't know her at all. It's easy to camouflage into the crowd.  We don't have to live wrong; just don't talk about The Lord. We can tell ourselves that it’s a personal choice anyways and what real difference could I make anyways? Good question! How about where you work? Have you made a difference there? Maybe a suggestion on how something could be done better. Someone listened and now a product is being produced more efficiently and better for others, and you're the reason. What if you would have just kept quiet? That is why we can't camouflage ourselves, we can't keep quiet. There was a man named Ken who didn't keep quiet about who he was and he told me about Christ and because of him my life is different. I just will not keep quiet about what The Lord has done and is doing in my life and because of that other lives have been and will be changed. We do affect others! Don't camouflage yourself amongst the crowd or in the crowd. I assure you it's not God's plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment