Friday, February 22, 2013

A Good Name; Pricless


Proverbs 22:1 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
If I had a choice of great riches; I don't know maybe millions of dollars or a good name which would I choose? It's easy to say "A good name" for no one is offering me millions of dollars. If today I had the opportunity, lots of money or a good name which would I choose? Would I think once I have the cash I will rebuild a good name? If this is the way I'm thinking then I believe I have missed what is being taught here. I see two things here; first how much would I be willing to sale my name for? In order to have a good name one must do something, if you want your car to shine you must put the time into waxing it. If you want a good name you must put time into having one. A bad name comes with a price tag; Judas sold his for 30 pieces of silver. Second riches have wings, loving favour doesn't. 
 Proverbs 23:5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven. What will I choose today? Riches or good name? Something that will fly away or something that will last, even after I'm gone? Will I be remembered for my wealth or will my name be wealthy to the minds of those I touched? Will I be remembered like Judas or as one who loved Jesus? Such deep questions for a worldly mind! I think I'll word toward the good name. One might say "then you'll never have anything worthwhile?" To which I would say "yes I would for I'll have a good night’s rest" and that my friend is priceless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment