Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Leaders Follow

 

If God’s against it, so am I !

Mark 1:35 (KJV) And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

After an evening of Diseases and devils, that I don’t know how long it lasted into the evening. But what I do know is that before sun break Jesus was up and headed to a place of exclusion to pray. Jesus has taught these first disciples about Doctrine and devils and now He is about to teach them the importance of Prayer. Another interesting point. Jesus gets up early and heads out to pray, then the next verse reads. Mark 1:36 (KJV) And Simon and they that were with him followed after him. Jesus did not wake these men up but these men followed Jesus on their own. Jesus chose men and His goal was to make leaders of them. I’m reminded of what Legendary football coach Vince Lombardi said: "Leaders aren't born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work.

These men got up and followed Jesus not knowing where He was going. I’m seeing the leadership of these men falling into place. No one is going to make you get up and pray. But those who want to know more about Jesus will. I remember years ago one morning I drove to a preacher friend's home. He lived about 2 hours from my home. As I walked into Doctor Doyal Ricks home he took me to his study and we talked for a while. I was a young Pastor and he had been a Pastor for many years and now he was doing evangelistic work. After we had spent some time talking in his study he said to me I would like to take you to my solitary place. We went out his back door into a wooded area and up a hill and at the top of that small hill there was a place where he prayed. He told me about his prayer life on top of that hill and how many years he had been praying there.  Now I don’t remember much about that day of long ago, but that place of prayer is still very vivid within my mind. My friend went to heaven in 2005 but his friendship of many years and his impact on my life still lives on to this very day. 

So these men followed Jesus and when they found Him he was praying. Then they said unto Jesus there’s people wanting to see You! Mark 1:37 (KJV) And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee. Jesus didn’t say Oh I must then get back so I can help them. No! Jesus is training men who will carry on the work. Jesus has taught these men about Doctrine, devils the importance of Prayer and now He is about to teach them the importance of Preaching. Mark 1:38 (KJV) And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth. Why is this preaching so urgent and so important?  1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV) For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. Could it be that Preaching heals us from all sin? Here’s what good preaching does.

Psalm 103:2 (KJV) Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psalm 103:3 (KJV)  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psalm 103:4 (KJV)  Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; yesterday I visited with my friend his time here may be short; who knows but God.  He told me I’m ready, no regrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment