Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Satisfied in Twelfth Place

What would you do if you were in the Olympics games in FIRST Place? Then all of a sudden you were in Twelfth?  “Great things happen to those who don't stop believing, trying, learning, and being grateful.”  Roy T Bennett 

This really happened to Paul Hann in the  2004 summer Olympics in Athen. Paul went from First to Twelfth. Paul’s got a pale look on his face because he believed he had blown his chance to make gymnastics history.  He decided to go forward and moved from Twelfth to Forth. Then Paul decided to take advantage of his position. He did and won the gold medal, FIRST PLACE! 

In the book of Ruth, Ruth finds herself in a troublesome place. She is highly instructed to return to her people. The question is thrown out to her by Naomi “why  will ye go with me?” Ruth answers  in Ruth 1:16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: (Don't force me to leave you. Don't make me turn back from following you) for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Ruth 1:17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. Ruth said my mind is fixed, I’m going! Naomi must have seen her determination because in the next verse we read of Naomi and Ruth leaving together.  Ruth 1:18 When she (Naomi) saw that she(Ruth) was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her. 

Ruth 1:19 So they two went 

 ”It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” Roy T Bennett 

You can look at your surroundings and where you are and be satisfied in Twelfth place or you can change it. Be steadfast and determined and move forward like Paul Hann and Ruth did or you can go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment