Sunday, July 30, 2023

No Room To Receive

Mark 2:2 (KJV) And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.

As I read that verse 3-things jumped out at me. Three things that I have seen but that have slowly faded away. The first thing was “many were gathered together” the second was “insomuch that there was no room to receive them” there were so many people in one place that they could not all fit in. The third thing I noticed was the reason for so many people to be in one place at the same time “he preached the word unto them.” As I have written in the past I was saved in 1973 and in those days I witnessed and being a part of many coming to Church for the Preaching of God’s Word so much so that the Church had extra chairs set out so that there was standing room only. After I asked the Lord to save me the first revival our Church had, this is what I saw. On a Monday night the crowd was about average. A young preacher by the name of Mike Hendon was preaching and by Friday night you couldn’t get in the Church. Evangelist Mike Hendon was preaching God’s Word and people were responding, getting right with God and getting saved. That was not the only time I saw such crowds coming to hear God’s Word preached. But 50 years later and here’s the sad story. Those who attend Church every week 20% those who attend Church almost every week 10% those who attend Church once a month 11%  those who seldom attend 26% and those who never attend 31%!!! Instead of our Churches being filled to hear God’s Word being preached other places are being filled to hear ………. This could be the reason for more crime, shootings, alcohol, drug use, divorce, rape, murder, theft, selfishness and much, much more? I don’t know, but it could be. The fear of God may be gone among the American people at the present time. But when the long suffering of a Gracious God expires fear will return.  

Psalms 100:3 (KJV) Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Understand and Know “it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;” We ain’t in charge! As much as we would like to think we are, we ain’t! “Know ye

No comments:

Post a Comment