Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Got To Show Up

 Mark 3:7 (KJV) But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great multitude from Galilee followed him, and from Judaea,

Jesus withdrew Himself knowing the evil of the Pharisees against him, he departed taking His disciples with Him to the seashore. Jesus is pouring His life into these 12 men and they are letting Him. In just a few verses Jesus is going to ordain these men for the purpose to send them out. One can’t sit in the classroom forever. Almost 20 years ago I needed to have more income while I waited to see where and what The Lord was wanting me to do. So I went to one of my good friends who was in the used car business. I told him I wanted him to teach me how to do what he did. This was his response, “I will, class begins this Monday night at the car sale” this is  where they would auction used cars. He said “if I am going to teach you you must be there every Monday night; EVERY MONDAY NIGHT!” I was there every Monday night. At first I just watched him, then he began to ask me questions like what’s the most you would give for that car? He would just point at a car, any car.  Then he would say what would you sell it for? I remember the night he said to me “if you don’t KNOW what you can get for it then you’ll never know how much to pay for it.”Then he let me start buying under his number as if I worked for him. He taught me a lot in the classroom on Monday nights. But the classroom is much different than doing the real thing and Jesus will let these disciples learn that before He leaves them. He will let them fail, He will let them make mistakes. That’s how you know what does and doesn’t  work. That first car I bought on my own, well I lost $400 dollars! But I didn’t make that mistake again. Follow these disciples, read of their mistakes, their misjudgments, their words they spoke out of place. But if you keep reading after them you’ll see the learning curve as they get better at what they do. No, it’s not  overnight you got this, no it’s a lifetime of investing.  Are you willing to take the challenge? How invested you are in the Church and the work of our Lord will determine how far you will go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment