Friday, August 11, 2023

No Desire

Mark 3:13 (KJV) And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him.

It was just this morning my son and I were talking about some who are satisfied with the position they have in their job. No desire to learn anymore than they have too know and with no desire to move up. I’m not sure if I’m correct here about this verse but I believe the principle of what I’m saying is. Jesus goes up into a mountain “And he goeth up into a mountain” then Jesus “calleth unto him whom he would”  then we read “they came unto him.” Maybe it was something like this;  Jesus goes up and calls those He wanted. Jesus called men but He never made them respond. These whom Jesus called went up into this mountain. Early in my ministry I met a man named Jack Evans. I remember sitting in his kitchen when he told me this story. He told me that God had called him to preach, but he refused. I later told some of the older members about what he said. They told me that what he told me was true. They told me that he had preached a few times at the Church. They also said he did a fine job and it was evident that God had His hand upon him. Wow! I went back to talk with this man again and what he told me I have never forgotten. He said that he regretted not doing what God wanted him to do. God calls but never makes one do what they are unwilling to do. Jesus called the men He wanted to pour His life into to come apart and go with Him up into this mountain. From what I read here they all went “and they came unto him.”  That day on that mountain side this is what happened. Mark 3:14 (KJV) And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, Jesus “ordained twelve” Ordained simply means “”Properly, to set; to establish in a particular office” what did this office require?  

#1-that they should be with him 

#2- to be send forth that he might send them forth  #3- for what purpose to preach, power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:  

Mark 3:15 (KJV) And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:  

Mr Evans could apparently Preach but he lacked in the other two areas. The first thing we need to learn, no matter who we are is to be with Him. That’s more important than willing to go and to preach. If we never learn the importance of being with Him then there will be No Power to do anything else! I was 30 years old sitting on a church pew at Shady Grove Baptist Church in Stone Mountain Georgia. My Pastor was Ray Hill, a great Pastor and Preacher. I enjoyed sitting and learning under his leadership. But I had a desire to go and to follow. Then I dedcided I would go to Costa Rica as a missionary. At this point in my life I had answered the call to preach and now I’m willing to go. But I was doing it all wrong, I had let my want to go get ahead of my being with Him. If we fail at being with Him we miss the most important thing. Being with Him will let you know where He wants You to go and where He wants You to serve Him. Never forget we are servants of the most high, what an honor! it’s not about what I want, but what The Lord wants. Leadership is about learning to follow. If you can’t follow you’ll never be able to lead. 

John 10:4 (KJV) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment