Monday, April 15, 2024

Don’t Miss The Bus ๐Ÿš

 Hebrews 2:2 (KJV) For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

Remember what verse 1 said. Remember the things we have heard lest we let them slip. He is one reason we don’t let them slip “every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;” Every transgression? If it is Every Transgression I must without doubt know what Transgression means. Webster says “The act of passing over or beyond any law or rule of moral duty; the violation of a law or known principle of rectitude; breach of command. Fault; offense; crime.” Then we read the little word “AND” which means that there is more than Every TRANSGRESSION. Oh my! Every DISOBEDIENCE too? Looks as if we can’t get away with anything. We talk about cameras everywhere watching, well God is watching and seeing every TRANSGRESSION and DISOBEDIENCE then we read what we will receive for doing so. “received a just recompence of reward;” It will be JUST! Oh no that means I’ll be getting what I deserve. I can’t say I didn’t do it for the record will be very clear, I did. I can’t say it’s not my fault because it will be my fault. Every violation, every act of disobedience will be properly punished. Oh my, how shall we escape? Is it possible?  

Hebrews 2:3 (KJV) How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

We can escape such judgment if we don’t neglect so great SALVATION. Which was first spoken by the Lord and then confirmed by them that heard Him. There’s that word “HEARD” again. We must pay attention because there is no escape if we don’t hear, for “HEARD” is the past tense. Don’t let it slip by, don’t miss the opportunity given, don’t miss the bus for the consequences are too great so don’t let them slip by.


No comments:

Post a Comment