Friday, April 12, 2024

Refuse The Gift ๐ŸŽ

Hebrews 2:1 (KJV) Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.


That phrase “the things which we have heard” caught my attention. I asked myself what have I heard? My dad always would say to me “son hindsight is always 20/20.” He was the first I ever heard say that. Now I’m sure he wasn’t the first to ever say that, I’m sure he heard it from someone else. Most likely my granddaddy. I’m not that naive or as one dad said to a group who was telling how well their children were doing and about their great accomplishments. He finally spoke up and told them all that his grandson had invented the egg. Anyways my dad and yours too told me wonderful things that had I listened to would have made this Life much better. I listened but I didn't. Here we read that we should give “more earnest”  (to obtain; having a longing desire)  What did you hear when you read Hebrews chapter one? What did you hear when you went to Church? What did you hear when that man or woman told you about Jesus? What did you hear on the radio when someone spoke in a short ad time about Jesus? Did you pursue what you heard? Did you want to obtain? Did you desire to have your sins forgiven? Not only are we to “more earnest heed to the things which we have heard” But we are also told of the consequences if we don’t “lest at any time we should let them slip” Have you ever heard the little saying “Oh that must have slipped my mind?”  It means  “to be forgotten, especially of an obligation.” Be careful that you don’t let the most important thing in this life slip by  and be forgotten, your sins have been paid for. Let that slip and the price tag will be way more than you want to pay.  

Romans 6:23 (KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Refuse the Gift Pay the Price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment