Monday, April 8, 2024

The Problem Is ๐Ÿ›—

Hebrews 1:3 (KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

There’s the problem “our sins” something had to be  done about “our sins” and it was. “when he (Jesus) had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” Our sin debt has been paid for and as this verse tells us we love Him (Jesus Christ) and the reason why.

1 John 4:19 (KJV) We love him, because he first loved us. If you never see yourself as a sinner then you’ll never understand the love God has for you.  

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. So if we perish it’s not God’s fault nor His will. I remember Edgar Thomas, a good friend of mine saying one day that he went to his PO Box; He said there was a letter in there from the bank. He opened it up and there was the deed to his and Katherine’s home. Edgar said he went to the bank and asked what this meant. The president of the bank told him that someone had paid his house note in full and he now owns it free and clear. Listen, you and I have a debt we can’t pay. But like that person who paid for Edgar Thomas' house we also have one whose name is Jesus that paid our sin debt off in full “when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down” it’s done. Where did He sit? “sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;”   And you know what? He doesn’t need our help “had by himself purged our sins” by himself. So stop trying to do good or the best you can because you can’t do that good. Jesus has already done it for you. When you see and understand you will love Him. I can only speak for myself. The day I repented my life changed completely, oh not overnight. I realized that when I spoke unkind words there was something on the inside of me that told me that I shouldn’t do that. My heart was troubled because of what I did. That was the Lord teaching and training me to grow in His Grace. Today I’m a long way from being perfect but the Lord is still working in my life, oh my sins, that debt is paid in full. I love Him and want to please Him because He loves me. How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment