Wednesday, October 16, 2024

πŸ†˜ Faint Not In Your Mind 🧠

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”

Hebrews 12:3 (KJV) For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Oh no, I was thinking differently. After accepting Jesus as my savior life would be better. But what is this I just read “endured” then “contradiction” oh my. Would this be opposition? Oh I don’t like opposition! Wouldn’t that be some type of resistance? The verse before said that Jesus endured the cross, don’t forget the shame. But also don’t fly by the words before all that “for the joy that was set before him” You call that JOY? Yes when you get your focus on what is in front of you and look past that to see the future. In Exodus chapter 15 the first thing we read is great joy, singing, praising God for all He had done. You will do the same when you accept Jesus as your savior. But only 3 days later these same people are complaining because there is no water and the water that is there is bitter, undrinkable. They forgot that just 3 days ago they were happy enough to sing. Now they are complaining. Don’t let that happen to you. The chapter ends with them coming to a place of shade and plenty of water to drink. A place of rest. Remember that we can’t live on past victories. But at the same time we can’t let the present time bring us to a stop. Never forget there is a great future for the child of God. Looking unto Jesus the author and the FINISHER. Let not your heart be troubled. Romans 8:18 (KJV) For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Not long ago one of my good friends who was at the point of death said these words “no longer is death my enemy it is now my friend. In order to get to heaven I must go by way of the grave.” He has quit looking at the present, his eyes are focused on Jesus. He has run his race that was set before him and now he is waiting for the call to come up hither. 

Revelation 4:1 (KJV) After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. Don’t you want to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment