Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. William Penn
Have you ever said I would like to get to know that person, and spend more time with them? It may have been a young man or young woman that you really would like to know better. It might have been a business person that you could network with. It could have been a host of things or you might be like the Apostle Paul when he said this.
Philippians 3:10 (KJV) That I may know him,(Jesus Christ) and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Paul wanted very much to know who Jesus was. Paul wanted to know about Jesus, His resurrection and His suffering. Was the Apostle Paul wanting to know how to die to sin’s temptations for he wrote of dying daily. The Apostle Paul was no super hero over sin. Paul was just like you and I, a sinner that needed salvation. He fought with sin just as you and I do. He said in Romans chapter 7 and verse 19 “For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.” Paul said I have a great desire to know Jesus Christ. Who is it that you and I have a desire to know? What are we doing to get to know that person? Paul did more than go to the Synagogue 3 hours a week. One can’t become good at baseball, playing an instrument, or anything else without putting time and practice into it. Paul poured his life into knowing who Jesus Christ was. Peter says be ready to give an answer. 1 Peter 3:15 (KJV) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Not a reason but an answer. The buck stops with you, you must own it, don't blame others. In times past there were many that had an influence in my life. I listened to many that gave me bad advice. I did wrong things when I knew better. Now there are very few that have real influence in life. My daddy was and still is one of my greatest hero’s. I am still listening to his voice, although he has been gone for almost 39 years. The impact he made, the influence he had and the wisdom he shared I haven’t forgotten. A while back my brother told me about a night when he asked himself “what would daddy do if he were in this situation.” Then he told me that he got up and did what more than likely our dad would have done. That my friend is influencing another. That is what the Apostle Paul was saying: I want to know Jesus so He can influence me.
Matthew 22:37 (KJV) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Who has influence in our lives? Those we spend time with.
No comments:
Post a Comment