Wednesday, July 29, 2026

😱Who is The Lord⁉️

Assumptions are the termites of relationships.


As we began to read our Bible we open up to Genesis chapter 1 and we read 

Genesis 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The very first person mentioned is “God” the creator of all. Now that’s interesting that we know who the creator is but what has that got to do with you and I? Nothing if we don’t know or want to know God personally. On a dark night in the front yard of my friend's house in December I saw a young lady. I knew who she was, I knew where she lived, I knew her name but I didn’t know her and that was what I wanted; to know her. Knowing her, being around her, knowing others who knew her even knowing her name didn’t make me know her. A person would have to have a wild imagination to believe that everything we see would not have to have had a creator. In Genesis chapter 1 we read of the Creator, God. In Genesis chapter 2 we are introduced to God the creator as Lord. 

Genesis 2:4 (KJV) These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

In Genesis chapter 3 we are introduced to the destructor. Now what is interesting is how sneaky the destructor is. In Genesis chapter 1 God steps boldly out upon the page. In Genesis chapter 2 the Lord steps on boldly upon the page. No hiding, no disguising but in chapter 3 the destructor steps out disguised as a serpent. He spreads his destructive message by lies and deceitfulness and questions which seems to make life more worthwhile. This method is still being used and works largely on greed. 

Genesis 3:1 (KJV) Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Another interesting fact is the name “Lord” is mentioned 7970 times in our Bible more than any other. “Jesus” is mentioned 983 times which comes in second most mentioned. While the devil only 61 times. Let me put it another way. If the president was going to share important news tonight and right after that I was going to share important news. Who do you think would get the most views? Then what the Lord and Jesus have to say are way more important than anything the devil has to say.

Therefore we should say with the Psalmist 

Psalms 28:7 (KJV) The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: 

therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Oh that young girl I saw that December night in my friends front yard. I did get to know her really well, I also asked her to marry me and you know what she said? Well she plainly said “yes.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment