Monday, December 24, 2012

No Christmas? Really!


Saturday afternoon as a lady was leaving the Thrift Store I told her I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas. She returned the saying by saying Happy Holidays. She then began to tell me that she did not celebrate Jesus' Birthday. Then she began to inform me that it was a pagan holiday. Well, I learned a long time ago not to argue or try to show someone they're wrong. December the 25th may be a pagan holiday but my family and I take that day to celebrate the Birth of our Savior; Jesus. She told me again that she doesn't celebrate Jesus’ Birthday. I asked her if she celebrated her Birthday.  She said she did I then asked her so you think your Birthday is more important than Jesus'? She changed the subject and she began to misquote scripture. No, I didn't correct her I just asked more questions she couldn't answer. I just wanted her to think about what she was saying. Now have you ever given it any thought how life would be if there was no Christmas?
I want to give you something to think about this Christmas Eve.
If there were no Christmas our Bible would be untrue.
If there were no Christmas our God would be unknown.
If there were no Christmas our sins would be unforgiven.
If there were no Christmas our prayers would be unanswered.
If there were no Christmas our faith would be unfounded.
 I believe in Christmas and will celebrate it to the fullest; how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment