Thursday, December 6, 2012

We're Moving


We're moving! How many times have you heard someone say that? I don't know about you but I have heard many people say that. I would always ask why? Then they would say something like we are moving because it's closer to where I work, the schools are better, it's a better place to raise our children. Now they have spent time checking out the schools for the kids or how would they know it’s a better place to raise their children if they had not spent time checking into it?  How would they know if it was closer to work if they had not checked the mileage? You see they had committed themselves to the move. Now it's a sure fact that 100% of people being born will also die; and that includes you and I. Now in that length of time; no matter how much time it is do we really spend much of it investigating our eternal home?   The word “know” is found 299 times in the New Testament, I think you and I should know some things about our heavenly home. Jesus, on His last night with His disciples told them that He was going to prepare a place for them.
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  He wanted them to know some things about their heavenly home. Then the Apostle Paul had this to say;
2Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.  Paul was confident that when death did take him he knew where he was moving to. Take some time so that you will know where you are moving to. My wife and I spent the night at a bed and breakfast a few years back. It’s like spending the night in someone else’s home that you don’t even know. I sure don’t want to leave this life and get to a place that I know nothing about. Ask yourself some questions, who will be there? What will the streets look like? What are the walls made of? Will there be any gates? The main question is will you be there? If you are, it will not be by accident. Now do you see why you need to spend some time knowing? Don’t play around with this moving business for you will be moving some day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment