Friday, March 22, 2013

Bountiful Eye


Proverbs 22:9 He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
BOUNITFUL➡ Free to give; liberal in bestowing gifts and favours;
The word we shouldn't miss is "eye" it's the person who sees with his eyes and feels with his heart. It's the one who is content and thankful for how The Lord has blessed them. His eye is not looking for what makes life better for him but sees the needs of others and then gives gifts and favours.
Is this not what Christ has done for you and me?
Matthew 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
Matthew 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Do I see with a bountiful eye or is my eye sight going over the heads of those whom I could help.
What about that cashier at the retail store, could I say a kind word to them? What about that person everyone else avoids, could I do something nice for them? It's when I see the needs of others and then react in a positive way toward them. It's a kind word, a pat on the back, asking and caring about someone’s family. The power of my eyes, the power of my talk, and the power of my actions will result in a bountiful gift to others. Do I have a bountiful eye or do I have a limited eye? 

No comments:

Post a Comment