Friday, March 1, 2013

Who Wouldn't Want That?


Proverbs 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Chapter one starts off with Solomon; why is it so important to know what Solomon had to say?
1 Kings 3:7 And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
1 Kings 3:9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
1 Kings 3:12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
We should take note of what Solomon has to say because God made him to be the wisest man that has ever lived. Therefore what he has to say will teach me how to live as well as what decisions to make in this life. After we are told that we are to read the proverbs of Solomon the first two words we read in verse two are "To Know." If I listen to the instructions of Solomon then I will receive instruction of wisdom, justice, judgment and equity; (the quality of being fair.)
Proverbs 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
I'm to know then I will become aware of words of understanding. Who wouldn't want that?

No comments:

Post a Comment