Thursday, March 21, 2013

No Victory in The Horse


Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord .
The thought of battle and being prepared for the day of battle and the confidence put in the horse in the day of battle. But the horse, no matter how well it has been trained for the day of battle and no matter now secure one may feel about their horse it's no sure thing for safety. The word "BUT" means ➡Except; besides;unless.
The horse is prepared for battle and the warrior must not put their confidence in the horse for victory it’s not in the horse; victory is in Lord. So when the battles come in my life what am I counting on for the victory? Is it in my abilities? The tools I have places within my mind? No! It should be none of these; my confidence should be in The Lord and in what He can do in and through me. Just as David when he met the giant, his safety was not in his sling and the 5 smooth stones or his past victories but in The Lord.
1 Samuel 17:45-Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the ] Lord[ of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.]
1 Samuel 17:46-This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
It was The Lord that gave David the Victory. Not one time did David give credit to his sling or stones. Who do I expect my victories to come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment