Sunday, April 7, 2013

Broaden Relationship

  In 1996, Reformers Unanimous began as a small Bible study in the basement of North Love Baptist Church in Rockford, Illinois.   Steve Curington had a burden to help those held in bondage to sin and addiction - a place he himself had once been held by Satan's snares. Today, Reformers Unanimous has started over 900 chapters across America and in several foreign countries, doing exactly what it set out to do....reach the addicted.  However, it has done MORE than that.  Reformers Unanimous is a great tool to use to reach the addicted, but it is also a GREAT discipleship program for anyone desiring to begin or broaden their relationship with Christ.  RU has helped thousands of people develop of personal, intimate walk with the Lord. At the Reformers Unanimous Recovery Ministries office, we are blessed to receive countless testimonies from people whose lives have been transformed by Christ through the tool of Reformers Unanimous.  Here is a testimony that was recently received that brought a smile to our face and a "pep" in our step!********************* When I got into the RU program, I initially came to "shut my son up". He had been encouraging me (nagging, I thought) to attend.  From this first part, you can tell where my walk with the Lord was!  Way off!!  I was a Christian, but a very lazy, unconcerned, and, (really, I guess) uncaring person.  I attended church Sunday A.M. only- No Sunday School, no P.M. service, and certainly no mid-week service.  I read my Bible spasmodically. I did tithe (always) and had pretty good prayer life.   I don't know what I expected my first night; and frankly, I still can't describe it to anyone - but I was hooked!!  I loved it! The program especially appealed to me, as I am extremely competitive. The challenges just "spoke" to me. It was me against the book and other classmates at first, and then God really got a hold of me as the Scriptures, the definitions, the essays, and especially the journaling began to bring about a real change in my life. I don't think I've missed more than 3-4 Friday nights in two years.  RU is really my lifeline. I tell everyone about it, pass out tracts, and just want everyone to know what God can and will do for you if you are willing.I am an older person, and memorization sometimes gives me trouble, but God is faithful and I always get it done. I am now a group leader and I know that the RU program, other than being saved, is the best thing that ever happened to me!  Praise God for His faithfulness, even when we don't deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment