Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hidden Talent


It happen every year 100,000 people show up to make a tune that will that will put them on the stardom trail. But there's a slight problem they can't carry a tune so instead of becoming a star they are laughed at. The question is what were these people thinking? What made them think they could sing in the first place? How do 100,000 people who can’t carry a tune in a bucket show up to audition for American Idol? Somebody lied to them. At some point in their lives, somebody told them that they could sing. They might have thought they were helping by making them feel good or building self-esteem. We've all had those in our life that have tried to help by lying to us and most of us have listened. Let’s get real there are certain things we can't do matter how hard we try. I remember sometime back singing in by truck and I said to myself "that's not bad." The next day I was so excited I took my tape recorder with me. I had decided that I wasn't going to let this hidden talent escape, slip, through the cracks. As I drove down the road I began to tune up; you know I wanted to be ready as I could when I made my first my first recording. I was now ready, I reached over turned on the recorder and began to sing. What a beautiful sound, I was amazed to say the least that, that musical sound was coming from me; I had now found my hidden talent. I finished the song reached over and turned the recorder off. It was now time to hear this master piece. I was so excited; I pull off to the side of the road to be the first to hear what I had just completed. I hit the play button and off it sounded, it was so..........I think I heard dogs howling for two blocks. I decided to let that hidden talent of mine stay hidden. What happen? What was I thinking? Somebody had lied to me and sad to say I was that somebody. I wonder if we're not the greatest liar in our lives. We tell ourselves weren't not ambitious we tell ourselves we can't lose weight. Could it be we are lying to ourselves? I don't know a out you but I have caught myself more than once lying to myself; and by the way after many years I do sing solo now; so low you can't hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment