Sunday, May 5, 2013

Caught


Have you ever been doing something you shouldn’t have been doing and look up and someone was watching you; Caught in the act.
I was 14 years old and my Dad had dropped me and some friends off at the Bowling Alley. He was to return later and pick us up. I made the decision to go and buy a pack of Newport Cigarettes, I lit one up and began to play pinball. I must have looks so mature and grown up playing pinball with that cigarette between my fingers. Then my friend who was standing there said there’s your Dad? I smiled and said “sure.” He said “I’m not kidding there he is! As I turned to look, to my surprise there he was and was walking right toward me. I let the cigarette that made me look so mature fall from my fingers to the floor. I was caught, no lying my way out of it, Caught! As I read in the book of Proverbs this morning I was reminded of that day long ago and my mind was refreshed of how the Lord see all I do.
Proverbs 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord
and he pondereth all his goings
My ways as well as to why I do what I do are done in front of The Lord; just as if He was sitting there watching as I did my sinful deed and He really is. He also knows what will be the punishment as well as the rewards for my actions. ("For the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23 ) For as the law of the Medes and Persians, which can not be altered; neither does The Lord alter His laws for anyone.
Sinful actions seem to be at the moment sweet as honeycomb, smooth as oil. But the end of that sweet, smooth sinful action is bitterness that cuts like a two edged sword.
The chapter ends with the word "GREATNESS OF HIS FOLLY."
Greatness➡ Large amount;
Folly➡ Weakness of intellect;
Proverbs 5:23 He shall die without instruction
and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray
The person who refuses to listen to and follow the instruction of his teachers will die without instruction in the large amounts of his weak intellect.

No comments:

Post a Comment