Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Neighbour



Three times this word "NEIGHBOUR" is used in Proverbs Chapter 25 and it has to do with how to deal properly with a problem with your neighbor.

 

Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive,

lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Don't run to your neighbour in anger or hastily to   struggle in opposition. If I act in this manner I will lose what I intended to accomplished.

 

Proverbs 25:9 Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself;

and discover not a secret to another:

 

This word "DEBATE" carries the thought of arguing with ones neighbour. A "NEIGHBOR" could be  one living or located near another as well as as a fellow man or to associate in a neighbourly way.

When there's a problem one is to go to their fellow man and Discuss the matter with them. When the discussion is over neither are to revel what was said in private to others.

 

Proverbs 25:18 A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour

is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow.

One that embellishes the wrong his neighbour has done is like mauling his credibility, his character as well as their reputation and with his sword takes away his life or as a sharp arrow that comes from afar suddenly and swiftly.

 

 What do I do when a friend, neighbour or family member has said things about me that aren't true or may be true?

     A- Let it Go?

     B- Say things about them?

     C- Confront them in an Angrily Matter?

     D- Go to them Discuss it in Private?

 

It's Face to Face combat in an orderly matter. No clubs, swords or arrows for they only destroy. Sometimes I have don't wrong, whether intentionally or non intentionally; and yes I can let it go but that will never resolve the problem between my neighbour and I. 

We are plainly told:

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

 

Matthew 5:23-Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24- Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

 

Matthew 7:3-And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4- Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Bottom line: Don't allow my hurt to vent to others destroying my neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment