Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Making Him Look Good

As I go through my day to day activities meeting and dealing with the different people I come in contact with. I want to be wise in my actions, I want to say the right words at the right time and be slow in anger, controlling at all times my actions. In chapter 29 I'm given three rules of action I should take in order to make this happen.
Proverbs 29:8 Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise men turn away wrath
First: I become a wise man when I learn to turn away anger. There are things that anger me and if I let my anger control me I will fail in my actions.

Proverbs 16:32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city
I must be slow in my anger that will help me to have rule over my actions.
Proverbs 29:9 If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest
Second: When I have learned to have control over my anger I will then know how to contend with the foolish. When their voice get loud at me I will not retaliate, when they laugh at me it will not be intimidated. For if I allow their foolishness to control my actions I will always say and handle the matter wrongly.
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger
Proverbs 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards
Thirdly: I become wise by keeping my mouth shut until the foolish are done. Then with that soft answer I will be able to have the right answer. I will not accuse, nor will I bring up the past, neither will I blame. My answer will be Biblically and not selfishly answered. When all is said and done my desire should have been to make My Heavenly Father look good by my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment