Monday, July 3, 2017

Correction Do We Really Need It?

Proverbs 3:11
My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

The phrase "MY SON" is used 23 times in the book of Proverbs. In verse 11 that phrase "MY SON" is used with CHASTENING "Correction; punishment for the purpose of reclaiming."
One does not correct a child that's not theirs as we read more of that verse we see the phrase "THE LORD." Now we understand it's the child of God who is being corrected by the Lord. We are taught that all have sinned, all have come short and as we live in this life we will no doubt fail. The child of God is instructed at the beginning of this chapter what to do to keep the correction and punishment down.

Proverbs 3:1
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

First don't forget God's law
2 Timothy 1:6
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

1 Corinthians 15:1
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Ok that sounds simple but how does one remember?  We remember what we want to remember. There are those who know all about sports, who's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, who's the best pitcher in the National league? How do they know all that? Simple they read, watch, listen to others who know and they talk with those who are liked minded. Think, what do you remember from what your Pastor preached on Sunday? Anything? I heard a great message on yesterday from Pastor Micheal Soop about Stephen and how God opened Heaven and let him look in while he was being stoned to death. It's Monday and I'm still thinking and rejoicing on what happened at Church yesterday. So we should remember the preached word of God. Then we are instructed to "let thine heart keep my commandments:" David put it this way.

Psalms 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.


I think if we turn off most of the junk that's going on in our life and start hiding God's Word in our heart then we will learn how to walk with and for our Lord. If we talk with those who know the Lord and discuss the things of the Lord we will learn more about our relationship with the Lord. The more I spent time with the Lord the stronger my relationship will be. What verse will I hid in my heart this week? Lamentations 3:24-26 I worked last week on 22 & 23 His compassions fail not and they are new every morning. Our God is Faithful and He's Fresh every morning . Well a Bless His Holy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment