Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Kiss the Calf?

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Two paths the path of the Just  and there's light on that path. 
This lighted pathway of the just shines more and more. In the winter time when I leave Church there are some important things I do. I get into my car and put the key into the ignition, then I put my seatbelt on and if the headlights didn't come on as I turned the switch I then turn them on. Now those headlights are not powerful enough to shine all the way home, but what they do is shine out in front of me allowing me to see as I drive home. Although these headlights only shined a few feet in front of my car they allowed other drivers to see me so as I drive toward home I'm not unnoticed. These headlights  as I approach my home have given me light all the way home. Is that not what I need as I wake up get ready for the day? Don't you think it would be important that I allow God to give me  some light from His Word. Is it not just important that I hid light in my heart? Jesus said;

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jesus is our headlights that light our pathway up as we head out each day. 

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

If I'm going to be different from everyone else them I'll have to have a different light that I'm following. 

The path of the Wicked and there's darkness on that path.
The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

This path of darkness will always take you further than you ever intended to go.

And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves.

Downward progression "they sin more and more," sin never satisfies it always cries for more. They made molten images of THEIR silver. Idols according to THEIR OWN UNDERSTANDING. They did the work themselves "the work of the craftsmen:" They sacrificed and KISSED THE CALVES. It gets darker and darker and requires more and more.


I'm afraid we live in a day and build idols to our own understanding by our on craftsmen. I heard one say last week "I'm glad the American people are moving in the right direction." I am an American people and if the path leads to darkness, count me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment