Saturday, July 8, 2017

Wisdom=Jesus

Wisdom is mention 53 times in the book of Proverbs more than any book in the Old Testament. So what is this wisdom? Is it instruction and knowledge or could it be something else?  Webster say "The right use or exercise of knowledge;"  I would never argue with Daniel Webster for he's much shaper than me. But as read these verses I see Wisdom is  taking on a whole new meaning.
First we read that wisdom cries.
Doth not wisdom Cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

Second we read that Wisdom Calls.
 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

Instruction and knowledge as important as they are  never cry and call for you and wisdom doesn't speak to you. But here in chapter eight of the book of proverbs wisdom takes on a whole new face. 
Wisdom is something one can hear.
Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

Sounds like what the apostle Paul wrote.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Wisdom can speak.
For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

Is that not what Jesus said?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Wisdom becomes a person.
I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

The more I read of Wisdom the more I see Jesus once again standing boldly upon the pages of my Bible. Dr. M.R. DeHaan said it like this "Jesus is always there upon the pages of our Bible; sometimes He there standing boldly, sometime we see Him as a shadow and sometimes He standing behind the lattice but He's always there." And you know why He's always there? 
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

This Bible I read and hold in my hands is all about one Person, Jesus Christ. How He loves us and how He proves His love for us by giving Himself. I have heard many say I Love you but never so much as go out of their way to give and show that so call love they say they have for you. Once we realize how great God's Love for each of us is then we'll have no problem loving Him.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Here He tells us He loves us, "For God so loved the world" but they aren't cheap words for then He proved His love for us, "that he gave his only begotten Son." 

It's by His mercy we are not in hell.
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

We are serving someone that greatly loves us and shows it.

We love him, because he first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment