Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Being Like Children

Psalms 92:1 (KJV) It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: 


Jesus said “Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.” Don’t stop the children from coming to me,

Why?  “for of such is the kingdom of God.” Children are a great treasure that bring such great joy to any family. My wife and I had three and they brought  great joy to our home. They grew up way too fast. I love children, they are so innocent. One thing I love to do is miss pronounce their name so they can correct me. Then I will say a name that almost sounds like theirs and they will correct me again. I just love being around children. But unfortunately there are some who don’t and it appears these disciples didn’t think these children were that important and wanted them out of the way. 

Mark 10:13 (KJV) And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. I see the problem. These kids were becoming a problem being a little loud. They wanted to play and do what you and I did when we were children. But mom and dad thought it was important to take them to see Jesus. These disciples thought like many, these kids don’t understand. Well that’s not what Jesus said. First Jesus says let the children come unto me. “Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not:” Then He make this statement 

Mark 10:15 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. Wait a minute  Jesus said before you run all these kids away. I want to teach you something. If you want to go to Heaven then you are going to have to receive me like these kids do. These children don’t try to figure Me out, they just except Me. These children don’t doubt who I am, they just accept who I am. What was Jesus teaching? Just be like these kids. Don’t try to figure Me out, just accept Me as a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment