Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Is My Name Really Important?๐Ÿค”

 Her name was not known, but what she did was. There are not many whose name is still remembered two thousand years later. But somewhere worldwide she is read about everyday. Jesus says that wherever the gospel is preached she will be made known.  

Mark 14;9  Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her. For what reason? A Memorial not to Jesus but of her, this no named woman. It’s not your name you need known or your name in lights, oh no it’s what you did. Have you ever heard someone say “my dad, Grandad, mother taught me that or I learned it from them?” I never remember asking that person what the name of their dad, or grandad or mother was. It just wasn’t important who they were but what they did was. My name and yours too will be nobody in a 100 years or less after we are gone. So knowing that, wouldn’t you rather be known like this woman for what you did than who you were? I don’t know, but some of the writers said that this woman was a woman of the night before she gave her heart to Jesus. Maybe that’s why Jesus kept her name off the pages of scripture. Those who wrote that, know nothing about her; it was just a guess on their part. 

But what she did was not in question, who was she? Well, I don’t know and neither does anyone else. God just wanted it that way. I remember the story my Pastor told back in the late 70’s. He said back in the long ago when a person was caught stealing sheep they would brand SS in their foreheads. They did that so that everyone that saw them would know that they were sheep stealers. This man moved from that town to another and tried to begin a new life. It wasn’t long before someone told him of the love Jesus had for him and he soon gave his heart to the Lord. Years went by and everyone in his town loved him. If someone needed help he was always there, helping and doing what he could. He attended a small church in town and did what he could there. One day a man asked another man what that SS in his forehead meant? The other man said I’m not really sure but my guess is Super Saint, because he is one of the finest men I know. It’s not our name that’s all that important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment