Friday, January 26, 2024

The Mole Within 😳

Remember verse 1 of Mark 14? The chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take Jesus by craft, and put him to death. But because of the feast day they didn’t think it was a good time.

So now an opportunity opens. Judas Iscariot, one of Jesus' disciples walks in with the purpose of betraying Jesus.  Mark 14:10 (KJV) And Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went unto the chief priests, to betray him unto them. The perfect plan one of Jesus own is going to help us.  When they heard this they were glad and then they offered him some money.  Mark 14:11 (KJV) And when they heard it, they were glad, and promised to give him money. And he sought how he might conveniently betray him.

When the  chief Priest and the scribes heard it they were glad. Proverbs 17:5 (KJV) Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.  [ruin: - calamity, destruction.]  shall not escape punishment. The clock starts ticking, the plans are about to be made, how this task of destruction will take place, Judas the mole within the group. He is so well hidden within that the other 11 never thought it was him but they did think that maybe it was there on self.  Mark 14:18 (KJV) And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. Then watch what happened. Mark 14:19 (KJV) And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? I have heard it and I have even said it myself “I’ll never do that!” Only to do what I said I would never do. So here they were thinking and saying will it be me that betrays? John the Baptist even said is Jesus the one or should we be looking for another. 

Matthew 11:3 (KJV) And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? John is in prison; the disciples have just been informed that one of the 12 will betray Jesus and they aren’t sure about themselves. Remember these guys aren’t some super hero from the past, no, they are and were just like you and I. Maybe you have said “Lord I have given all to serve you, why am I suffering so?” The answer to that question is I don’t know! Why would 11 men ask the question, am I the one that will betray you Lord? I don’t know. Could it be that they were unsure of what they might do? Wonder if Peter felt he was the one when he denied Jesus 3 times? I’m not sure but Peter may have thought that it was him. He may have said within himself it’s me, I’m the one. I don’t know but I think he may have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment