Friday, March 29, 2024

Do You Believe❓🎚️

Like I said the rubber is about to meet the road.  

Mark 16:14 (KJV) Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. After Mary Magdalene had told the disciples they didn’t believe her. Then comes these two that Jesus Himself met on the road as they traveled and Jesus revealed Himself to them. Well they didn’t believe them either. Well now these disciples are sitting at the table eating when all of a sudden Jesus walks in. I’m sure they were not expecting Him. What is the first thing Jesus said? “upbraided them” what does that mean??? Well lets just say they were not getting a pat on their faithfulness. Sometimes we all have to be scolded for our actions. What happened afterwards is the lesson we should learn.  Mark 16:15 (KJV) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Now read what Jesus tells these men. 

Mark 16:16 (KJV) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Jesus tells these men whom He had just scolded for unbelief to go preach the Gospel. Then He says those that believe are to be baptized and those who don’t believe shall be damned.  Have you ever had someone see something in you that no one else saw or though you could do? I remember years ago I was with my Pastor Ray Hill; it was just me and him. I don’t remember what we were doing but I do remember the Place and I do remember what he said to me that day which changed my unbelief about myself. May Pastor stopped what he was doing, looked me in the eyes and said “Wayne you are a good preacher but you are looking for acclamation from those you preach to for confirmation of what you preach. Stop that and preach, if no one ever gives you a confirmation.” I took his advice and not long afterward First Baptist of Youth called me to be their Pastor where I Pastored for 22 wonderful years. Jesus never said anything else to those men about their unbelief. Instead Jesus told them to go Preach about what they do believe.  


No comments:

Post a Comment