Monday, March 11, 2024

They Need The Cash ðŸ’ĩ and I Am Done With This Shell ðŸĒ

Mark 15:33 (KJV) And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Mark 15:34 (KJV) And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 

Darkness, that’s bad enough. But then being forsaken, oh my that awful. Have you ever been in the dark? I mean where you felt unrecoverable? Maybe to the point you prayered for daylight. Have you ever been forsaken? Put both together and it’s a bad day. I remember one night after Church services were over. My wife and I always drove 2 cars because I almost never got to leave after services were over. One Sunday night my wife had already left and I turned the light off, locked up and went home. As I walked into our home my wife asked where’s Jason? I said I don’t know. She then said did he not ride home with you? I said no I haven’t seen him. She said he was asleep on the pew. At that point I got really troubled. My mind began to run away with me. All I could picture was that young child of 6 years old waking up in a dark place forsaken. I couldn’t get back to the church fast enough, those 5 miles seemed like 50. When I got there I ran up the church steps expecting to hear crying maybe to the point of uncontrolled gasping for air. I opened the doors as quickly as possible; no crying oh no. He has somehow gotten out of the Church and my mind ran wild. I turned on the lights and my eyes looked quickly to where my wife said he was. As I looked there what I saw was a relief. He was fast asleep, he never knew what I experienced to which I was grateful. 

Darkness was over the whole land for 3 hours and we read nothing of Jesus speaking a word. Then we read that Jesus speaks. What does He say?  “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”   Oh my! Then we read Mark 15:37 (KJV) And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. What did Jesus say Luke 23:46 (KJV) And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. Jesus' earthly life is over. Then those that loved him began to prepare for His burial. You know we spend a lot of time and money preserving something that’s not going to last.  

1 Timothy 6:7 (KJV) For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

I had a good friend named Phil Nixson; he passed away on  April 16, 2020, at the age of 72. I wrote this to say that Phil wasn’t trying to preserve his old broken worn out remains. They lowered his casket into the ground and as I turned to walk away I heard a strange sound. I turned and looked around to see something I had never seen. The grave diggers were putting dirt right on top of that casket. Oh no you might say, that won’t work the casket will rust. You are right! But Phil understood what his Bible taught him.  1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  We are not trying to preserve, we are all done with that body, it’s broken, it’s worn out. God is giving us a new one when He calls us all home. So I want to be just like Phil and save my loved ones some money. They need the cash and I am done with this shell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment